Answer the following questions, then check your answers with
the ones provided in the solution (to view the solution, click
on the [solution to practice]
button at the bottom of this page).
- Why would you choose to display information in a table rather
than a bar graph?
- Why would you choose to display information in a circle graph
rather than a table?
- Which type of visual display would you choose for each of
- Illustrate the trend in money spent on health care, for each
year, during the period 1970-1990.
- Illustrate that Japan has a larger fraction of the total
private investment spending of the world's major industrial powers
- Show trends in SAT math and verbal scores over the last 25
- Present the number of banks in the greater Boston area at
the start of each decade (for the 1900's).
- Illustrate the distribution of the federal budget.
- Show the change in the labor force participation, by age
and gender, over the past 50 years.
[solution to practice]