Unit 2: Identifying the Intersection of Lines
Answer both of the questions below. Please do all your work on
a piece of scrap paper, and, when you are done, check your answers
against the ones provided.
- Using the graph below, answer the following questions.
- At what coordinates does the line GJ
intersect the y-axis?
- What are the coordinates of the intersection
of lines GJ and HK?
- At a y value of 60, what is
the x value for line GJ?
- At point K, what is the y-coordinate?
- The graph on the lower left has two intersecting lines, Q
and P. Line P shifts to the right (shifts from P1
to P2) as well as changing slope. This
shift is illustrated on the graph given at the lower right.
How is the point of intersection affected
by this shift (how do the coordinates of the intersection change)?